HVAC System Maintenance Tips
Has your heating and cooling system broken down suddenly leaving you in a mess? Whether it is hot summer or chilly winter, breakdown of HVAC system can be really frustrating. Or have you installed a new HVAC system and wish to know the ways to maintain it? Regular maintenance of HVAC system is the best way to keep your unit working at its best and in the top shape. It also lowers the chances of a breakdown ensuring trouble-free performance at all times. Just like you hire Fort Worth electric companies for wiring inspection, you should hire HVAC company for tune-up of your HVAC system.
By following simple maintenance tips, you can prolong the life and improve efficiency of your HVAC system. Here are few basic HVAC system maintenance tips –
- Before you start any maintenance work on your HVAC system, first and foremost check whether the unit is receiving proper power supply. If you find broken circuits or blown off fuses, call Fort Worth electric companies immediately. You will have to find the fuse of the unit. Depending on the model of the HVAC system, you will find the fuse mounted on or in the unit.
- Change the furnace filters every year. When the filters are dirty, air cannot be easily circulated and the heating system needs to work harder. If the unit has to work harder to push warm air, there are higher chances of the unit breaking down.
- Another task that you need to do regularly is cleaning of blower and motor. You can either inspect and clean the blower and motor on your own or call a professional. Also clean the vents for unobstructed air flow.
- In HVAC unit, the outdoor compressor plays an important role in efficient functioning of the unit. For this, the compressor needs to have completely unobstructed surroundings. Give the compressors free space so that they have air to breather. Do not let plants, shrubs, weed and other debris grow and accumulate around the compressor.
- Before the start of winter or summer season, you should schedule a seasonal HVAC maintenance from a professional. This can be done one or two months before the start of the season. By preparing your system to work efficiently beforehand, you can lower your energy bills in the summer and winter season by up to 20 percent.
- Check the power switch of the unit. Is it working properly? Are there wires visible? Are there cracks on the casing? If you spot open wires or damaged switches, call Fort Worth electric companies for repair.
- Check the thermostat of the unit and set it to the desired temperature. If your unit is more than 10 years old, it is better to replace the HVAC system with more energy efficient models. Opt for models with a programmable thermostat as they have higher energy rating.
Don’t let issues like faulty thermostat keep you from using the HVAC system when you need it the most. Categorize HVAC maintenance tips into monthly, seasonal and annual maintenance. A thorough check before time will ensure hassle free running of HVAC system across the season.