Common Kitchen Remodeling Mistakes to Avoid
Home remodeling, especially kitchen remodeling, is considered to be a nightmare by most homeowners. Not just homeowners who have done kitchen remodeling, other people too believe that kitchen remodeling is expensive, time consuming and tiring. Well, kitchen remodeling can be quite daunting but it does not mean that homeowners avoid it. With new age appliances and open kitchen layouts of modern homes, homeowners must plan for kitchen remodeling. To make kitchen remodeling a hassle-free experience, the choice of your contractors like electrician Westworth, interior designers and more need to be wise. The choice of your contractors can make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful kitchen remodeling project.
If you are planning remodeling your kitchen in near future, here are common kitchen remodeling mistakes that you must avoid –
- Overlooking minor Details – Do not ignore the minor details in the remodeling process. Right from organizers for drawers to position of electric lights, pay special attention to details. Plan ahead if you need drawer dividers for additional space or an extra shelf in the corner area and more. If you do not get cabinets customized as per your requirement, you will end up wasting space.
- Making Unpractical Choices – Analyze your lifestyle and requirements while making material choices. If you have toddlers or young kids, choosing white countertops or unlocked doors for cabinets may not be the best choice. You also need to consider the maintenance efforts and costs while choosing the materials. If you are a young family with kids, opting for maintenance intensive materials is not a good idea.
- Obstructing Floor Space – Ideally sink, refrigerator and gas stove should form a triangle in the kitchen. Irrespective of the layout of the work counter, these three elements should be easily approachable from each other as well as the counter top. Do not put any kind of obstruction in this walking space. Consider hiring a electrician Westworth for relocating the refrigerator or a plumber to relocate position of sink during remodeling.
- Not Focusing on Storage – From equipment like food processors to cookware and crockery, your kitchen needs storage space for different size and shape of items. If you choose standard cabinet structure across the kitchen, you will end up wasting storage space for odd shaped items. If these items don’t fit in any shelf or cabinet, they will end up cluttering your kitchen counter. So, make a list of all the things you need in your kitchen and then plan the storage space accordingly.
- Too Many Open shelves – Open shelves undoubtedly look good, but too many open shelves do not make an ideal choice. These shelves require a lot of maintenance as they end up getting sticky and dirty due to the work in kitchen. Keep a proper balance between open and closed cabinets. You can display some unique crockery on open shelf and store the rest in closed cabinets.
Decisions, measurements, plans and choices make up the entire process of kitchen remodeling. Do not leave decisions like electric fittings, electrician Westworth, appliance selection and more to the end of remodeling process.