Ways to Increase Life of your Air Conditioning
Over the years, there has been a rise in the energy costs and overall energy bills received by households. Homeowners constantly try to find ways to lower their energy bills. By lowering the energy consumption, a homeowner will also be able to lower their carbon footprint. But with temperatures soaring each year, it is impossible to live without air conditioning, whether you are in home or office. Air conditioning is a big contributor to the energy bill you receive each month. The only way to lower your energy bills and yet enjoy air conditioning is by improving the efficiency of your air conditioner. Talk to your electrician in Fort Worth Texas for information on lowering the electrical load of your home.
Air conditioning is a vital component of every home. Here are few tips to improve efficiency and increase life of your air conditioning –
- Check air filter regularly – A clean filter in the air conditioner is one of the most important parts of this system and works to keep the unit working properly. Basically, an air filter keeps out dirt, dust, and other contaminants from entering causing damage to the air conditioning system. When the air filter is clogged with contaminants, air conditioning has to work hard to maintain lower temperature and thus consumes more energy.
- Regular Tune-up – By getting a regular tune-up of the air conditioning system, you eliminate chances of a sudden breakdown of the AC unit. The cost of getting the machine repaired after a breakdown is much higher than the cost of getting a tune-up. Also contact an electrician in Fort Worth Texas to check the wiring as faulty wiring in air conditioner is known to cause fires.
- Debris – Clear the outdoor unit of the air conditioning to clear out debris like leaves, twigs, feathers, weeds and more. Usually debris tends to get logged in the outdoor unit making it difficult to operate properly. Hire a professional for cleaning the outdoor units as the wires can get damaged easily.
- Vent cleaning – Just like air filters, regularly clean the air ducts and vents. Duct cleaning not only ensures better operation but also cleaner and safer air.
- Set Modes – Depending on the temperature outside, set the mode of air conditioning system. If the atmosphere is humid, it is better to turn of the humidifiers. In fact, in summer season you wouldn’t like to add more humidity to your home. When the humidifier is turned on, moisture is added to the air every time the air conditioning works. This adds more moisture to the air in the room.
- Ventilate Attic – Attic plays an important role in maintaining the temperature inside your home. If the attic is not ventilated properly, it does not allow warm air to escape outside and in turn increases the temperature inside the home. Thus, air conditioning has to work more to lower the temperature. Ask your electrician in Fort Worth Texas on how you can add an exhaust or box fan to the attic area.
Increase the average life span of your air conditioning with these simple tips!